Advantages of Investing in Seymour
The Town of Seymour recognizes the importance of encouraging the commercial business and industrial community to invest in its future. The advantages of investing in Seymour are as follows:
- Seymour provides convenient access to the interstate highway system. This is primarily due to its location on Routes 8, 67, 115 and 313.
- Local rail service offers connections to mainline service to New York, Hartford, New Haven and Boston.
- Air service is provided locally from Oxford, Tweed New Haven and Stratford Airports. Major international hubs are within driving distance and include Kennedy, LaGuardia, Newark and Bradley International Airports.
- Well over 300,000 people live within 15 miles of Seymour providing a diverse choice in the labor pool.
- There are more than 13 institutions of higher learning within a short commute of Seymour. Our residents have earned degrees from a number of colleges and institutes of higher learning providing a well-educated workforce.
- Seymour is home of “Silvermine Industrial Park”, a 125 acre park for manufacturing businesses of all sizes and is the current home of several high tech companies.
- Located adjacent to “Silvermine” is “Hubbell Industrial Park”, containing an additional 75 Acres of industrial and commercial property.
- Seymour contains several small shopping centers that include small business, restaurants and food stores.
- Seymour has a Historic “Downtown” district that contains several specialty stores and includes one of the state’s only downtown antiques districts.
- We are centrally located to nearby cities of New Haven, Waterbury and Bridgeport.
- We offer diverse cultural and recreation choices.